The idea began when I was researching art that uses bright colours; Jen Stark's art work jumped out at me, her use of bright colours and initiative design was a breath of fresh air.


Jen Stark's art is created with coloured paper, delicately cut with a scalpel resulting in some beautiful paper sculptures. I have taken a great deal of inspiration from her colours, and greatly appreciate the care and skill that is needed to create such a piece of art work. My initial ideas soon followed.

This idea was to create a sculpture created mainly from paper. In the corner of this diagram would be a book standing and splayed open, an illustration of eyes ( which I so like to draw ) would represent the expressions / emotions of a person reading a book. From the splayed open pages would come many paper cut images, the images would represent different facilities that can be found at the library. I initially decide that 3 posters would be quite accurate as the images would be designed and made by me alone, each sculpture would contain as many images as possible to create a small series of aesthetically exciting posters. I came to understand that just three posters would not be adequate so I decided to explore other possible routes.

No comments:
Post a Comment